You have lots of choices with adoption. Will it be open or closed? Will it be private or will you use an agency? You are in the driver’s seat when making an adoption plan and there are lots of things to consider. In today’s adoptions, you can know your child and be a part of your child’s life. You can have the peace of knowing your child is loved and cared for by the couple you choose.
Questions you may have:
- How could I ever give up my baby?
- How will I ever know what happens to my baby?
- Isn’t adoption expensive?
- How do I know my baby will be in a good home?
- Does my baby’s father need to know?
Some women feel that adoption is not “giving up” your child, its “giving to” your child the life that you want for him or her. It has been expressed by some as a loving way to provide for your baby.
Some reasons women choose adoption:
- Don’t want an abortion and aren’t ready to be a parent
- Want to provide their baby with a two parent family
- Want to provide your child emotional and financial stability.
In today’s adoptions, you can know your child and be a part of your child’s life. You can have the peace of knowing your child is loved and cared for. There are three types of adoptions to consider. Open adoption, semi-open adoption, and confidential adoption.
Schedule an appointment today and we can discuss all your options. Alternaterm is not involved in the adoption process however we can provide you more information and referrals to area agencies.